Good morning!
You might have noticed that BibleGateway.com changed a couple weeks ago. I really hope you like it.
My favorite change to the new Bible Gateway is a small one: dark mode. I’m sure I’ve mentioned that I read the Verse of the Day each morning, and not having a bright white screen blinding me has made mornings much better. Judging by what people have told us, I'm not alone.
Here's another small time saver I can now rely on: I type a word into the search bar and pause before hitting enter. Along with word suggestions like "thanksgiving," I now see verses that use the root word, right there in the dropdown. When I type "thank," Leviticus and Deuteronomy come up before I've even finished the search. It's so helpful.
There are bigger changes I'm excited about, though. Chapter Overviews are the one I think is most helpful. We often tell someone new to the Bible to look at the verses around a single verse to find the context—that's exactly what these overviews do for a whole chapter. (Plus, there's an overview for every chapter of the Bible!) It also quotes and cites trusted resources, so you can follow a citation when you want to go further.
No comments:
Post a Comment